This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Create a Job that compares a baseline config

I have a quick question, hopefully I can explain this correctly.

It turns out Cisco has a known bug that will remove a QOS statement from a Mulitlink interface randomly (or at least it looks random).

Basically, my interface configuration has this statement

servicE-policy input SHAPE

Randomly it will be removed. I find out its removed because, the connection gets hammered.

It doesn't look like Syslog captures this event, so i can't alert for this when it happens.

What I was hoping I could do is create a report that compares a baseline statment to this router config and reports on it if the statment is not there.

Is there anyway to do this?

• I do a daily show run/compare and email on change/issue.

To set that up, create job to download the config every day at 2am (?), check "Last Config", "Send config change notifi ... HTML ..." and "Only save Configs..." in the "Changed Configs" section.  You need to also fill out the notification section, but check the "only e-mail results is this job encounters an error..."