This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Connectivity Issues Discarding Config File

Hello All,

I upgraded NCM 7.0.2 just over a week ago. Prior to the upgrade, it was installed, but had never been used in our environment. Today I sat down with a network engineer to look over the module and get our first impressions of it. In doing so, we added one node, a Cisco Catalyst 2960-G48. I was able to add the node in using the web console, and then inventory it in the full client on the primary polling server. At this time, we wanted to test a backup of the configuration, along the lines of what we would have running nightly.

I set the node to use "User" credentials, and then I input the credentials under File>Change My Device Login Credentials, using the credentials for an account that has rights to log in and backup configs. At this setup, I did not set an Enable Level. When I validate the login, it completes successfully. However, when I run the backup config job, it fails with the message below. Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this error. I have found several mentions of it in the forums, but nothing that matches exactly, and with this newest version. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-

6/25/2012 3:03:25 PM : Started Nightly Config Backup : Job-0000006

Download Configs from Devices

All Nodes

Device Name (Device IP):

ERROR: Cannot download Running config : Connectivity issues discarding config file. Device IP:

6/25/2012 3:03:27 PM : Completed Nightly Config Backup : Job-0000006 ; Devices : 1 ; Errors : 1

Execution time : 2 seconds