This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Config Backup Failure alert only for nodes in Group

All,

I've been trying to figure out how to create an alert for NCM config backup failures only for nodes in a group I created.

I've created a custom property and assigned it to the group, and I can alert on the nodes status if its a member of the group, but can't figure out how to use that in conjunction with the NCM Audit alerts that a config job failed.

Does anyone have a solution to creating an alert for "Download Config requested by job failed" but only apply it to nodes contained in my group?

pastedImage_0.png

Appreciate any direction or suggestions on how to accomplish this.

thanks,

SteveT

• I was able to create a Job in config manager that will send an email (and can be converted to a ticket with our email integration) for the nodes in the job. The job can be configured to only email if there are errors, and the log will list all the nodes in the job, and those with Errors.

Kind of a kludge work around, but at least its a notification.