cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Cisco VPN 3005 Concentrators

Jump to solution

I posted in the other forum as well.  I can't seem to get a config backup from any of our concentrators.  Kiwi Cattools will do it, so I know it's possible.  These devices don't run IOS, but I've selected every device type in the list trying to get it to work...no luck.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

We are successfully utilizing the following for Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Version 4.1.5.Rel built by vmurphy on Jun 18 2004 02:34:34

File is named: Mod_Cisco3005 VPN Concentrator-1.3.6.1.4.1.3076.1.2.1.1.2.1.ConfigMgmt-Commands

Body contains the following... 

<!-- edited with Notepad by RCAHILL -->
<!--SolarWinds Network Management Tools-->
<!--Copyright 2005 SolarWinds.Net All rights reserved-->
<Configuration-Management Device="Cisco VPN Concentrator" SystemOID=" 1.3.6.1.4.1.3076.1.2.1.1.2.1">
 <Commands>
  <Command Name="RESET" Value=""/>
  <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="2${CRLF}8${CRLF}4${CRLF}config${CRLF}${StorageFilename}${CRLF}${StorageAddress}${CRLF}10${CRLF}10${CRLF}6${CRLF}"/>
 </Commands>
</Configuration-Management>

Note the line with "DownloadConfigIndirect" Value=    is all one line. 

I am using Telent for Executing and Requesting the Script.
Transfer works through tftp.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 18

Just some background info:

Cirrus device support is based of command templates stored in <install dir>\SolarWinds\Configuration Management\DeviceTypes.  We work for over 15 different vendors and hundreds of specific models. Some devices have introduced menu-driven interface and do not use standard IOS commands (e.g. Cisco VPN Concentrator), which usually just requires the addition of a new device template.

We've created a template that we believe should work for the Cisco VPN 3005 concentrator.  As you'll see when you review the file, it's pretty simple to map the commands to our available macros and variables documented in our Admin Guide.  

Okay, enough background 😉  Would you mind trying the following steps:

1) Download the attached template and export to your <install dir>\SolarWinds\Configuration Management\DeviceTypes folder

2) Closing and restart Cirrus console

3) Go to your Cisco VPN 3005 device in Cirrus and set Enable Level drop-down menu to <No Enable Login>

4) Try downloading a configuration

Here are the commands that template should execute:

• Telnet to IP Address of device
  • 2 <CRLF>
  • 8 <CRLF>
  • q <CRLF>
  • 4 <CRLF>
  • name of file to be downloaded <CRLF>
  • file name that it will be on TFTP server  <CRLF>
  • IP Address of TFTP server  <CRLF>

Let us know how this works!

0 Kudos

FYI, another customer was able to successfully create a device template for this support and has posted to content sharing zone.   This support will come OOTB w/ next release, but in the interim please see the thread below for more details: 

0 Kudos

Chris -- I don't see the VPN 3000 template as part of the Orion NCM v5 release.  Is the out of the box support still pending for it?  In the mean time I've downloaded the VPN 3000 template and added it to the Devices directory and restarted Orion NCM.  When I add the new device and tell it to use the Cisco VPN Concentrator template, I'm still unable to download my configs for my 3030 Cisco Concentrators.  It says that it cannot login to the device. 

--greg

0 Kudos

We are successfully utilizing the following for Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Version 4.1.5.Rel built by vmurphy on Jun 18 2004 02:34:34

File is named: Mod_Cisco3005 VPN Concentrator-1.3.6.1.4.1.3076.1.2.1.1.2.1.ConfigMgmt-Commands

Body contains the following... 

<!-- edited with Notepad by RCAHILL -->
<!--SolarWinds Network Management Tools-->
<!--Copyright 2005 SolarWinds.Net All rights reserved-->
<Configuration-Management Device="Cisco VPN Concentrator" SystemOID=" 1.3.6.1.4.1.3076.1.2.1.1.2.1">
 <Commands>
  <Command Name="RESET" Value=""/>
  <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="2${CRLF}8${CRLF}4${CRLF}config${CRLF}${StorageFilename}${CRLF}${StorageAddress}${CRLF}10${CRLF}10${CRLF}6${CRLF}"/>
 </Commands>
</Configuration-Management>

Note the line with "DownloadConfigIndirect" Value=    is all one line. 

I am using Telent for Executing and Requesting the Script.
Transfer works through tftp.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Yep that did the trick.  I didn't realize I had to use TFTP to pull the config down.  I've got 1 of my 3030 concentrators working now! 

0 Kudos

Good to hear, thanks for the reply
Word to Solarwinds it may be helpful to include anticiapted protocol where necessary.

0 Kudos

I am working to get my VPN Concentrators to backup as well through NCM.  I've downloaded the device template.  However, I am still getting the out of range errors and the config is not downloading.  I am running new version of the VPN Concentrator software, 4.7.2.O. 

Thanks

0 Kudos