This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco NCS6008: Configuration failing when entering 'admin' mode

Hello, I have an issue trying to develop the device template for Cisco NCS6K. There are two configurations in the router which needs to be backed up. These are IOS-XR and the Admin configuration. I know from the ISE that the commends being entered are:

terminal length 0

admin

It stops at the 'admin' which appears it does not like the change in prompt. Setting the prompt to # in the advance features does not help. Any ideas?

Device template

I have tried both these version, I am testing with the 'Admin Startup'

Version 1

<Command Name="Startup" Value="show running formal" />

<Command Name="Running" Value="show running" />

<Command Name="EnterAdminMode" Value="admin"/>

<Command Name="ExitAdminMode" Value="exit"/>

<Command Name="Admin Startup" Value="${EnterAdminMode}${CRLF}${Running}${CRLF}${ExitAdminMode}${CRLF}" />

<Command Name="Admin Running" Value="${EnterAdminMode}${CRLF}${Running}${CRLF}${ExitAdminMode}${CRLF}" />

Version 2

<Command Name="Startup" Value="show running formal" />

<Command Name="Running" Value="show running" />

<Command Name="EnterAdminMode" Value="admin"/>

<Command Name="ExitAdminMode" Value="exit"/>

<Command Name="Admin Startup" Value="admin${CRLF}show running${CRLF}$exit${CRLF}" />

<Command Name="Admin Running" Value="${EnterAdminMode}${CRLF}${Running}${CRLF}${ExitAdminMode}${CRLF}" />

Log of how to download NCS6K administration configuration

ISE Username:xxxxxxxxxx

Password:

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:hkth-core02#terminal length 0

Wed Jul 25 00:44:45.848 UTC

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:hkth-core02#admin

Wed Jul 25 00:44:50.430 UTC

c637614 connected from 127.0.0.1 using console on xr-vm

sysadmin-vm:0_RP0# show running-config

Wed Jul  25 00:45:03.135 UTC

fpd auto-upgrade disable