This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco ACI Configuration

Hi there,

Is anyone using NCM for making config changes in ACI such as creating BD's/EPG's etc?

Cheers

John

• ACI and NCM don't fully integrate due to ACI's file system being incompatible with NCM's methods of accessing & downloading.  We use the ACI GUI for all management of ACI components.

If you're able to access & download ACI config files, similar to IOS running-config files, using NCM, and can create ACI config change reports with NCM, I'd very much like to learn how.  

Rick Schroeder

• Hi Rick,

So generally for bulk changes we would avoid the GUI as its quite slow and cumbersome, instead opting for using postman, python and Ansible. I was wondering if we could use NCM as an alternative to these tools pushing XML or JSON to the APIC's? I dont have extensive knowledge of NCM so not sure if it can use REST?

Thanks

John

• Like you, our ACI admins have resorted to other scripting solutions, leaving NCM out of the picture for its ACI limitations.