cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Cirrus and Orion Beta Alert Engine issue

Not sure if anyone else has tried this or not. I'm currently working with SW on an issue where I have the latest version of Orion and the beta of the new alert engine running on a server. After Cirrus is loaded on the same server it crashes. The only work-around I have seen is I have to uninstall the new alert engine and re-install Cirrus.

I know its Beta but was wondering if anyone else sees this? I have this on my test server because I'm looking at the new alert engine and Cirrus (testing).

BB
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 7

I'm currently running Cirrus 3.0 and the Beta Alert Engine running on a Windows 2003 server. I have not had any issues with the two coexisting.

Cheers
Ric Knight
0 Kudos
Level 7

I have had the same issue. Did you go back a version?
0 Kudos
Level 12

quote:Originally posted by Don Yonce

Bryan,
Do you have any more details on what does not work. Does Cirrus stop functioning or the Alert Engine ?
What is the error message ?

I sent the screenshots to tech support. Basically Cirrus will attempt to load but then error out. It says I have a run-time error....then an automation error in a DLL....I clieck ok...then aother error says Cannot start ConfigMgmtEngine8.dll and that I may need to reinstall.

Like I said I tried that and the only way it works is if the beta alert engine is removed.

BB
0 Kudos
Level 9

Bryan,
Do you have any more details on what does not work. Does Cirrus stop functioning or the Alert Engine ?
What is the error message ?
0 Kudos