This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can I expand compliance capabilities with perl?

Hi, I have an installation of NCM on Windows. The config compliance reporting features are very useful, but I was wondering how easy it would be to add some of my own compliance checks via a perl script. For example, suppose I wanted to schedule a perl script to check the latest running-config files of 100 cisco devices to make sure that the descriptions on trunks matched up (i.e. the description on a trunk matches the hostname of the peer). The detailed results of the check could be written to a log file, but, at a minimum, I would want a fail alert to be generated to prompt someone to check the log. I guess there are many ways this might be achieved, for example there may be different ways to schedule the script and different mechanisms for alerting.

Anybody have any general advice on different approaches?