cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Bulk import of Router and switch configuration Files

Jump to solution

We recently had our NCM Server go down hard.  Until the data off the previous server drives are recovered, I have lost everything(Database included). I had to rebuild NCM on another machine.    We periodically backup the Configurations to a network drive.    I see there is a way to import one configuration file at a time but does anyone know of a way to do a bulk import of my older configuration files?  

1 Solution
Level 18

Hi,

Unfortunately not. It's a feature request -- .

Regards,

Jiri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 7

I am using the NCM evaluation software on my personal PC and try to import a few cisco device configs into the NCM to test, but I could not find the way to import each config into the NCM.  The SolarWinds instruction shows I have to select a node first before I can import the config, but I don't have any nodes in NCM modules yet because I have not connected it to the network.  You mentioned you could import single config into NCM.  Could you please provide instruction how to do that? thanks

0 Kudos
Level 14

Update please. Is this still only a feature request? I have used Kiwi CatTools in the past and would like to migrate the config files I have there to NCM. Is this possible? Thanks you.

0 Kudos

Still a feature request, and one that has only received 10 votes - so not much chance of it being implemented any time soon I would guess!   Convince others to vote it up if you want it badly!!

0 Kudos
Level 14

Suspected as much. Thanks for the update. A follow-up question please.....

Where are imported config files in TXT format stored?

0 Kudos

That depends on where you put them!  🙂

If you go to NCM Settings, under "Config Archive Folder Locations".   It hints that you can save to multiple folders, but I have yet to see them add a "New" button where you can set up additional ones.  Once you get into the profile for the folder location, you will have a path to where the files are stored, and also a template for naming the config files, which I like a lot.   If this template specifies a subdirectory, it creates it if needed to save the file.

Just to be clear, this isn't for "imported" config files, this would be for downloaded config files by NCM...

0 Kudos
Level 18

Hi,

Unfortunately not. It's a feature request -- .

Regards,

Jiri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am using the NCM evaluation software on my personal PC and try to import a few cisco device configs into the NCM to test, but I could not find the way to import each config into the NCM. The SolarWinds instruction shows I have to select a node first before I can import the config, but I don't have any nodes in NCM modules yet because I have not connected it to the network. You mentioned you could import single config into NCM. Could you please provide instruction how to do that? thanks

0 Kudos
@langj
A config is usually tied to a node in the NCM Database. So as long as you don’t have nodes in NCM, importing configs doesn’t work like NCM is designed.
Tip: open a new thread for a new topic. This thread has a solution and probably not many users are looking for new questions on a solved thread
0 Kudos