This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Brocade Banner

Running NCM v7.2.2

I am new to the NCM and want to get started quick quickly, but the one big issue I have is I cannot avoid NCM seeing changes between the comparison of the following configuration.

I know I need to build comparison criteria, but everything I try doesn't work

Please help !

:

The running config shows:

banner motd =

#####################################WARNING####################################

#                                                                              #

#          This computer system and network is PRIVATE AND PROPRIETARY         #

#              and may only be accessed by authorized users!                   #

# Unauthorized use of this computer system or network is strictly prohibited   #

#     and may be subject to criminal prosecution, employee discipline up to    #

#    and including discharge, or the termination of vendor/service contracts.  #

# The owner, or its agents, may monitor any activity or communication on this  #

#                      computer system or network.                             #

#   The owner, or its agents, may retrieve any information stored within the   #

#                      computer system or network.                             #

#          By accessing and using this computer system or network              #

#               you are consenting to such monitoring.                         #

#                                                                              #

#####################################WARNING####################################

=

The Startup config shows:

banner motd ^C

#####################################WARNING####################################^C

#                                                                              #^C

#          This computer system and network is PRIVATE AND PROPRIETARY         #^C

#              and may only be accessed by authorized users!                   #^C

# Unauthorized use of this computer system or network is strictly prohibited   #^C

#     and may be subject to criminal prosecution, employee discipline up to    #^C

#    and including discharge, or the termination of vendor/service contracts.  #^C

# The owner, or its agents, may monitor any activity or communication on this  #^C

#                      computer system or network.                             #^C

#   The owner, or its agents, may retrieve any information stored within the   #^C

#                      computer system or network.                             #^C

#          By accessing and using this computer system or network              #^C

#               you are consenting to such monitoring.                         #^C

#                                                                              #^C

#####################################WARNING####################################^C

^C

• Did you find a resolution to your issue? I tried doing a regex of \^C$ but that did not help at all. 

I am having the exact same issue with NCM 7.4. Strangely I am only having this issue with one of my Brocades all the others compare just fine.