This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Backup All VDC from nexus management interface NCM

I know this has been asked previously but, it did not work for me.  I was trying to grab the "show running-config vdc-all" command from the management interface of a nexus 7k.

The VDCs that are configured on this 7k have no interfaces to connect to (no SVIs).  Its only a raw L2 VDCs.  Therefor I need to login to the management interface of the 7k and do a "show running-config vdc-all" to get the true configs of the entire device and not just and admin vdc.

This previous post had the same question: Backing up Nexus 7000 VDC-All

This is my script after I made the suggested changes.

<Configuration-Management Device="Cisco Nexus" SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3">

<Commands>

<Command Name="RESET" Value="terminal length 0"/>

<Command Name="Reboot" Value="reload${CRLF}y${CRLF}y"/>

<Command Name="EnterConfigMode" Value="config terminal"/>

<Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="end"/>

<Command Name="Startup" Value="startup"/>

<Command Name="EnableIdentifier" Value="x"/>

<Command Name="Running" Value="running-config vdc-all"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="Show ${ConfigType}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${ConfigType} ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename} vrf management${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename}  ${ConfigType} vrf management${CRLF}${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirectSCP" Value="copy ${ConfigType} ${TransferProtocol}://${SCPServerUserName}@${SCPStorageAddress}/${StorageFilename} vrf management${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}${SCPServerPassword}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfigIndirectSCP" Value="copy ${TransferProtocol}://${SCPServerUserName}@${SCPStorageAddress}/${StorageFilename}  ${ConfigType} vrf management${CRLF}${CRLF}${SCPServerPassword}"/>

<Command Name="EraseConfig" Value="write erase${CRLF}Y"/>

<Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="copy running-config startup-config"/>

<Command Name="SaveAllVDC" Value="saveall"/>

<Command Name="Version" Value="show version"/>

</Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

This will then give you the "show running-config vdc-all" when you click download running from the config page of the object.