cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Arista start-up config download failure

Jump to solution

Can you let me know if anyone had seen issues downloading start-up config from Arista switches ?

Able to download running-config without any issues.

However start-up config fails with error :Connectivity issues, discarding configuration (or configuration is too short).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 10

I had the same issue.  I came up with a "work around", but not a fix.  In the Device template you edit the start by having it look at the running.

    <Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="end" />

    <Command Name="Startup" Value="running" />

    <Command Name="Running" Value="running" />

I know this is not a fix, but it at least kept from showing failed downloads.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 10

I had the same issue.  I came up with a "work around", but not a fix.  In the Device template you edit the start by having it look at the running.

    <Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="end" />

    <Command Name="Startup" Value="running" />

    <Command Name="Running" Value="running" />

I know this is not a fix, but it at least kept from showing failed downloads.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I have the same issue, but with the running-config. I can't find an OID I should use for Arista in the CLI device template. It doesn't seem like the Generic one works.

0 Kudos

We had a similar issue.  The problem we had was after a code upgrade.   Downloading configs had worked prior to the Arista upgrade.

The solution was that the Arista did not know how to handle the SSH auto detect.  Once the template was edited and told explicitly to use SSH2, the downloads functioned correctly.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos

Thank you, but my colleague figured out that using the Interactive Wizard on the Device Template page actually does nothing, and the Test on that page also does not do what you think it does. Turning Trace On and perusing what was actually get sent to the switch to download the config, we figured out we had to change the parameters using the XML Editor. It's all good now. FYI, for all those people in the future who may come across this same issue, this is our set up, and it works for the Arista switches that we have installed:

<Configuration-Management Device="Device Name" SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.30065">

    <Commands>

        <Command Name="RESET" Value="terminal width 999${CRLF}terminal length 0${CRLF}enable"/>

        <Command Name="Reboot" Value="Echo Command: RebootCommand"/>

        <Command Name="EnterConfigMode" Value="EchoCommand: "/>

        <Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="EchoCommand: "/>

        <Command Name="Startup" Value="startup-config"/>

        <Command Name="Running" Value="running-config"/>

        <Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="show ${ConfigType}"/>

        <Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="EchoCommand: UploadConfig"/>

        <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="EchoCommand: DownloadConfigIndirect"/>

        <Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" Value="EchoCommand: UploadConfigIndirect"/>

        <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirectSCP" Value="EchoCommand: DownloadConfigIndirectSCP"/>

        <Command Name="UploadConfigIndirectSCP" Value="EchoCommand: UploadConfigIndirectSCP"/>

        <Command Name="EraseConfig" Value="EchoCommand: EraseConfig"/>

        <Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="EchoCommand: SaveConfig"/>

        <Command Name="Version" Value="show version"/>

        <Command Name="Disconnect" Value="exit"/>

    </Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

0 Kudos