This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Are Ciena devices supported natively in NCM?

Quick searches on SolarWinds.com and here haven't really given a solid answer, so I thought I would enlist the help of the Brain Trust emoticons_happy.png

We have a good amount of Ciena devices that are currently being handled by Ciena OMEA. Is it possible to *EASILY* transition the management of these devices in NCM? We do not have NCM currently, but it could end up on the budget if this is an option.

I have seen a few device templates on Thwack, but I cannot find a document or post that gives a definitive answer on native support.

Does anyone have any feedback, experience with this?

• It works fine but you have to create Custom Device Templates. I was able to download one from thwack that a contributor did for a 5150 and modify it.  We have close to 100 Ciena devices being managed with NCM right now.