This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Additional nightly backup job.

FormerMember
FormerMember

Need some help with something.  I have a canned nightly job that backs up all device configs and we keep them for 60 days.  In addition to this, I would like to setup a similar job that does a nightly backup and drops the configs in a separate location.  The only difference is that it keeps the jobs for only one day.  Or I should say purges everything else older than one day.  The reason we are wanting to do this is to have a small folder that we can sync up to a laptop of jump drive every night just in case we have to restore a device without having to pull down the entire 60 days of files.  Has anyone done this or something similar?  Greatly appreciate your help.

• Have you considered simply accessing NCM when you need a backup config file and copying it to the laptop?  Since NCM is always available, there's no problem accessing the single confog file.  Then there's no need for the recurring job of backing up every config to separate folder, and then copying all of them over to a laptop.

Alternately, you can use Windows to search the NCM_Config_Archive for files/folders with the date of the last backup.  All files have the date of the backup in their name, and they'll all display in the search results window.  Drag them onto a laptop or jump drive and you're set.

Good Networking!