cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Add file extensions to NCM Firmware upgrade repo

Jump to solution

I feel like I have seen an answer to this before but I just can't figure out where I may have seen it. Or perhaps I'm going insane and that was my alternate reality I dreamt all this up in. Searched the admin guide, thwack, and the success center and so far all I've dug up is this: Set up the storage location and firmware repository. I have some (well.. maybe some is an understatement) Dell switches that use .stk firmware file extensions. I'm going to take a crack at making a firmware upgrade template for them.

Thanks in advance folks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

While I haven't worked with it yet, I finally found where I saw this. Go to {OrionWebsite}/Orion/Admin/AdvancedConfiguration/Global.aspx

Then look for FirmwareRepositorySearchPattern. Will post back when I know more about how to properly change this.

Thanks go to Michael Halpin for even pointing this section of settings out in the first place.

Tip: How to Improve Orion Performance by Splitting the Module Engine to Separate Processes

View solution in original post

3 Replies

While I haven't worked with it yet, I finally found where I saw this. Go to {OrionWebsite}/Orion/Admin/AdvancedConfiguration/Global.aspx

Then look for FirmwareRepositorySearchPattern. Will post back when I know more about how to properly change this.

Thanks go to Michael Halpin for even pointing this section of settings out in the first place.

Tip: How to Improve Orion Performance by Splitting the Module Engine to Separate Processes

View solution in original post

So it's not ideal, but it works for me as I have a dedicated directory just for this. I changed it to just an asterisk. We'll see how this works.

pastedImage_0.png

Level 9

Try what was suggested in this Thwack thread.

NCM Firmware Repository File Extension

0 Kudos