This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

802.1x Report

Is there a way in NCM to run  report that would tell me all the switch ports that do not have 802.1x enabled.  I tried using the Policy Reporter but that does not return the switch port information

• I am just starting to look into this as well.   For me, I did the following (and I just started, so Im sure Ill be tweaking this.)

1. Created a new Policy Rule to check for REGEX expressions for "aaa authentication dot1x" and "dot1x system-auth-control" (again, just to start the ball rolling)

2. Created a policy for the rule to apply to all running configs

3. created a report for this new policy.

In my testing, it seems to work - I have it set to only alert on those switches that do NOT have 802.1x configured based on the Rule created (#1). Since I only have about 5 swtiches setup now,it seems to be working.

• That should get you the switch info but what I'm looking for is more of an exception report meaning I just want to return the individual ports which don't have it enabled

• I was able to get it but it stops at the first port that fails instead of going through the range specified in the config block