cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cfcuomo
Level 7

802.1x Report

Is there a way in NCM to run  report that would tell me all the switch ports that do not have 802.1x enabled.  I tried using the Policy Reporter but that does not return the switch port information

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dclick
Level 13

Re: 802.1x Report

I am just starting to look into this as well.   For me, I did the following (and I just started, so Im sure Ill be tweaking this.)

1. Created a new Policy Rule to check for REGEX expressions for "aaa authentication dot1x" and "dot1x system-auth-control" (again, just to start the ball rolling)

2. Created a policy for the rule to apply to all running configs

3. created a report for this new policy.

In my testing, it seems to work - I have it set to only alert on those switches that do NOT have 802.1x configured based on the Rule created (#1). Since I only have about 5 swtiches setup now,it seems to be working.

0 Kudos
cfcuomo
Level 7

That should get you the switch info but what I'm looking for is more of an exception report meaning I just want to return the individual ports which don't have it enabled

0 Kudos
cfcuomo
Level 7

I was able to get it but it stops at the first port that fails instead of going through the range specified in the config block

0 Kudos