This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

0 discovered links mapped using ConnectNow in Atlas

I have 4 Cisco nodes in NCM. 2 routers and 2 switches. All devices are UP and I am able to map them. When I press the 'ConnectNow' button, it says 0 discovered links mapped.

What do I need to do in order to get ConnectNow working?

Thanks in advance

• The ConnectNow feature only works with devices that were discovered in NPM using Network Sonar Discovery.

From the Network Atlas Admin Guide:

Connecting Objects Automatically with ConnectNow

Using the ConnectNow tool, Orion Network Atlas can automatically draw lines between directly connected nodes on your network.

Notes:

The ConnectNow tool cannot draw indirect connections between nodes. For example, if nodes A and C are connected indirectly through node B, you must manually add node B to the map to create the connections.

Because topological data about your network is only generated during Network Sonar Discovery, ConnectNow can only draw lines between discovered nodes. Nodes that are added manually, as with Node Management in the web console, cannot be connected using ConnectNow. Orion NPM versions 10.0 and higher allow scheduled network discoveries, so you can regularly update topological information about your network. For more information about network discovery, see “Discovering and Adding Network Devices” in the SolarWinds Orion Common Components Administrator Guide.

Orion Enterprise Operations Console (EOC) does not support ConnectNow

To automatically connect objects using ConnectNow:

1. Add appropriate nodes to an open network map.

Note: For more information about adding objects to a network map, see “Adding Map Objects”.

2. Click Home.

3. Click ConnectNow (ConnectNowButton.png).

-ZackM

http://www.loop1systems.com

• So I need NPM for ConnectNow to work.. Thank you!