cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

SolarWinds Lab #17: Right-Sizing Your Installation

Jump to solution

Hi!  Where's the link to download the latest Orion Diagnostics (SolarwindsDiagnostics.exe) demonstrated in the video?  We currently have version 2013.2.12.2040 which doesn't have the "Run Active Diagnostics" button.  We're currently on Orion Platform 2013.2.1, SAM 6.0.2, IPAM 4.1, NCM 7.2.2, NPM 10.6.1, NTA 3.11.0, IVIM 1.9.0.  We're also in the early process of rebuilding our entire SW installation on fresh set of servers with upgraded versions of OS and SQL 2012. Patrick Hubbard

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 13

Found it on my 11.0RC Dev server and copied it over to the 10.6.1.

Appears to have played nicely and now I have some things for others to potentially fix

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Ahh, I think it went in in NPM 10.7, along with routing and a bunch of other cool features you don't have.  Upgrade to 11!  😉

Actually, it's also in your install folder, just without the button, so ..Program Files/SolarWidns/Orion, and then look for Advanced Diagnostics.exe.

Let me know if it's not there, and really, I promise you'll like NPM 11.  It's worth the upgrade.

Also, you're on NTA 3.x, so you don't have NTA FlowStorage, i.e. take all the Flow data our of the SQL server and make everything faster.  You can do both at the same time. 

0 Kudos
Level 13

Darn.  I'm not finding it in the \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion folder.  So, I assume it comes with the NPM installation.  If it will work with NPM 10.6.1, I'd love to get the exe. It would help the admin transition to 11.

Level 13

Found it on my 11.0RC Dev server and copied it over to the 10.6.1.

Appears to have played nicely and now I have some things for others to potentially fix

View solution in original post