cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Rabbitmq log rotation fails during database maintenance

Has anyone had issues were the database maintenance fails due to a rabbitmq log rotation error?  I ran it manually and it fails when it tries to run the rabbitmqctl.bat with to many arguments.

2019-06-19 14:21:15,810 [4] INFO  SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintenanceEngine - Action 'Rotate RabbitMQ log files' started

*** Assembly SolarWinds.Common, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, .NET version v4.0.30319 ***

2019-06-19 14:21:16,747 [4] INFO  SolarWinds.Common.Utility.ProcessRunner - stdout:

2019-06-19 14:21:16,747 [4] INFO  SolarWinds.Common.Utility.ProcessRunner - stderr: Error (argument validation): too many arguments.

Arguments given:

rotate_logs .0

Usage:

rabbitmqctl [-n <node>] [-l] [-q] rotate_logs

2019-06-19 14:21:16,747 [4] INFO  SolarWinds.Common.Utility.ProcessRunner - exit: 1

2019-06-19 14:21:16,747 [4] ERROR DatabaseMaintenanceGui.MainForm - Database Maintenance Error.

System.Exception: An error occurred in 'rabbitmqctl.bat'. Error (argument validation): too many arguments.

Arguments given:

rotate_logs .0

Usage:

rabbitmqctl [-n <node>] [-l] [-q] rotate_logs

at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.RunRabbitBat(String batFileName, Func`2 outputLogFilter, String[] args)

at SolarWinds.MessageBus.RabbitMQ.RabbitManager.RotateLogs(UInt32 maxFileSize, UInt32 keepFiles)

at SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintenanceEngine.RotateRabbitMQLogs()

at SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintenanceEngine.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<StartMaintenance>b__7()

at SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintenanceEngine.ExecuteMaintenanceAction(Action maintenanceAction, String actionDescription)

at SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintenanceEngine.StartMaintenance(DateTime basisDate)

at DatabaseMaintenanceGui.MainForm._backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

9 Replies
Level 10

Hello rph,

-Open Command Prompt (Run As Admin)

-Go to the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\RabbitMQ\sbin

-Type in: rabbitmqctl.bat rotate_logs

-Restart Rabbitmq service

youre welcome

That's a fix, but do you have to do that every day?  I discovered this a couple of weeks ago and development are working on a fix, but in the meantime I've put off going to the latest release because we need database maintenance to work perfectly all the time, with no manual intervention.

0 Kudos

I'm happy to report that tech support was able to fix my issue by uninstalling RabbitMQ and then reinstalling it using the RabbitMQ release that came with 12.5 then running Configuration Wizard.  I verified by running Database Maintenance manually and then allowing it to run at the scheduled time, both times it was successful.

0 Kudos

Hi rph,

I'm facing the same issue and i opened the case with support as well where i gave your comment as a reference.

The support engineer is digging down the issue but he is interested to see your case history to know about the issue resolution.

can you please share the case number here which you opened with support? Thanks

0 Kudos

Hey Siddique,

The case number is 00336441

0 Kudos

Hi,

Has the support team managed to solve this issue?

I am having the same issue, what is the route cause?

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Hi,

I just found this: Success Center

Will try it and let you know if any issues.

"FIRST PUBLISHED DATE

7/31/2019 6:35 PM

LAST PUBLISHED DATE

8/5/2019 11:19 AM

OVERVIEW

Issues

SolarWinds Orion Platform 2019.2 Hotfix 2 addresses the following issues:

• Database maintenance issues due to rotating RabbitMQ logs were resolved.
  • Network Discovery issues in Korean Locale were resolved.
  • Custom chart issues caused by handling simple SQL data sources were resolved.
  • When upgrading NPM, the Network Atlas is also upgraded.
  • Cortex no longer creates a database index on a non-existing filegroup."

0 Kudos

Has this worked? I was about to write a script to rotate logs weekly

0 Kudos

Yes the Hotfix fixed the issue for us.