cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Alert for paloalto hardware using custom table poller details.

Hi All,

I have assign three custom pollers for a paloalto

• Ent physical name
  • sensor value
  • data unit

pastedImage_1.png

In this senario i need to create alert for this sensor value above 6k only for the FAN but the OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.99.1.1.1.6 is fetching both FAN and temperature. If i select the condition based on value it apply for both

pastedImage_2.png

so i applied the Row ID to split FAN and temperature.

Now in the alert action i need this to send in mail in mail i need the caption of the Node, ent physical name, sensor value and unit. Am getting only the sensor value alone any one kindly help me in this

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Level 16

Hi rajasekar,

even i am in process of building a custom poller for Palo Alto devices... I struggled to get the sensor value in email...

in ur case, node name u should easily get it as there is default variable available if u search in 'insert variable' inside trigger action... and it also gives the poller name or description...

One question i have, have u defined custom column names? in ur screenshot it shows sensorvalue and sensor display...

0 Kudos

I have not set any custom poller name i assign the required poller to the devices and i fetch required pollers in tabular format.

In the alert i can generate the alert using the current value but in the email how i will fetch the all three poller data. If i match one poller value in trigger condition means it alone reflecting in the email other poller data not reflecting..

Example:

Am getting the value as 5000 but this belongs to which FAN am not getting ?

0 Kudos

you can use row label variable... this will help u identifying which parameter it is...

0 Kudos

How the row label will help in fetching multiple poller value in alert mail action ??

0 Kudos

sorry i guess i didnt understand ur requirement.. in the email what all variables values u want to inlcude?

0 Kudos

For a node 4 pollers are added and in the alert am matching one poller the same poller alone is reflecting mail, But i need other pollers output also need to reflect in mail.

Expample

• Ent physical name
  • sensor value
  • data unit

These three poller fetching in one device in alert am matching ROW ID and Sensor value OID current data to trigger alert in action item mail am able to selecte poller name and poller value of Sensor value OID alone, But i need Ent physical name OID and Data unit OID ???

0 Kudos

i think u can get only 1...maybe others can help out if they are aware...

0 Kudos

Can we write a sql script in the mail to fetch the other pollers detail ??

0 Kudos

Could be possible...

By the can u help me with the details of custom poller u have built for this? I am also struggling to get this fulfilled.. i see u have used something called as data unit...

and how did u manage to find the row id details? Will it be common for all Palo Alto devices to which we assign the custom poller?

0 Kudos

For certain series paloalto row ID will be same ex 5050 for others it will be different for that need to crete different alert.

0 Kudos

Okay...can u show me your trigger action with what Variables u are using?

M not able to get sensor value also...

And are u able to alert on all hardware parameters like fan, power supply

and temp?

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018, 12:41 PM rajasekar

0 Kudos

I have added below for the PA 5050

pastedImage_1.png

Output

pastedImage_2.png

Conditoin for FAN

pastedImage_2.png

if you are using more different paloalto need to add the filter using the model number and change the row according to that.

Pollers details in UDP for paloalto

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos

Has this problem resolved.. If so please let me know the solution

0 Kudos