cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Need a report that tells me the usage of ethernet port in my lan

Hello everyone

I have a question I want to make a report that calculates the percentage use of all my ethernet ports in my 90 day environment. In order for us to be able to invoice our customers. Has anyone done this? We have npm, ncm

Need help with this

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Level 9

I want to report on 32000 interfaces

0 Kudos

Are you after bandwidth usage or just traffic usage? Or did you actually want connected uptime?

Here is an XML of the example report above. Hope it helps.

David

- David Smith
0 Kudos

I dident got the xml. I want the connected port during 3 month on each switch it´s about 32000 interfaces

0 Kudos

The XML is attached to my post. You need to download and import it. Can't really do more than that without logging into your system for you! It will report on ALL Interfaces, you will then need to adjust the filters of the report to Group By a category to help you separate out the ports.

- David Smith
0 Kudos

I want a report on port usage for 90 days is it possible to add this in the query ?

SELECT

[N].[Caption] AS Caption,

[N].[Vendor] AS Vendor,

[N].[IP_Address] as IPadress

, ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0) AS PortCount

, ISNULL([PortsActive].[PortCount], 0) AS ActivePortCount

, (ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0) - ISNULL([PortsActive].[PortCount],0)) AS UnusedPorts

, CASE

WHEN ((ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0) = 0) OR (ISNULL([PortsActive].[PortCount], 0) = 0)) THEN 0

ELSE ((ISNULL([PortsActive].[PortCount], 0) * 100) / ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0))

END AS [% PortsUsed]

FROM dbo.Nodes AS N

INNER JOIN dbo.UDT_NodeCapability AS NC ON (([N].[NodeID] = [NC].[NodeID]) AND ([NC].[Capability] = 2))

RIGHT JOIN (

SELECT [P].[NodeID], COUNT([P].[PortID]) AS PortCount

FROM dbo.UDT_Port AS P

WHERE ([P].[Flag] = 0) AND ([P].[IsMonitored] = 1)

GROUP BY [P].[NodeID]

) AS PortsTotal ON ([PortsTotal].[NodeID] = [NC].[NodeID])

RIGHT JOIN (

SELECT [P].[NodeID], COUNT([P].[PortID]) AS PortCount

FROM dbo.UDT_Port AS P

WHERE ([P].[Flag] = 0) AND ([P].[IsMonitored] = 1)

GROUP BY [P].[NodeID], [P].[OperationalStatus]

HAVING ([P].[OperationalStatus] = 1)

) AS PortsActive ON ([PortsActive].[NodeID] = [NC].[NodeID])

WHERE (ISNULL([PortsTotal].[PortCount], 0) > 0)

ORDER BY [% PortsUsed] DESC, [ActivePortCount] DESC, [UnusedPorts] ASC

0 Kudos

I run the report but it crashes. I don´t get any results the sql has 55gb ram

0 Kudos

Now i can see it diden´t saw it before

0 Kudos
Level 9

I did as you describe and i dident got any data at all. Is it possible to get a export of the report so i can copy it ? I am very bad at this

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

Where did your columns go?  You have to select all of the appropriate columns.  Once you do that you can select "Specific Objects" instead of Dynamic Query or Advanced Database Query....that is what allows you to search for a specific interface.  Your test from yesterday only showed the node name.  That makes me think you were not looking under the "Interface" Orion Object. 

int.png

0 Kudos
Level 9

this is the question Customer Active ports (LAN)

0 Kudos
Level 9

I don´t ge port used i want to see all my LAN switchports

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

You have to select the interface.  Click on edit from here and search for the nodes you're looking for and then expand each to select your interfaces.  Note that you have to search via node name from the search box. 

edit.png

select.png

0 Kudos
Level 14

You can build a report to do this in the web interface.  I have a report that I use on a per request basis.  You just report on an interface and here are the columns I have in mine (but you can customize whatever you'd like).  Just keep in mind that if you want actual percentages, it will rely on the interface speed and not any kind of circuit/ISP capacity, unless you have your interfaces configured accordingly.

interface_bandwidth.png

0 Kudos