cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 10

SolarWinds Log Manager for Orion Polling Service service terminated unexpectedly

I'm running into a number of events in my primary poller's event log indicating "The SolarWinds Log Manager for Orion Polling Service service terminated unexpectedly". The crashes happen at seemingly random times, though I'd figure there's likely a bad/malformed event of some sort (or something in that vein) causing it. Are there any logs for that service specifically that can give me a clue what might be happening? I looked through all the typical log folders and can't find one. Wanted to do a little more due-diligence on my end before opening a case with support.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: SolarWinds Log Manager for Orion Polling Service service terminated unexpectedly

I had a quick chat with the dev team about this today and it would probably be best if you open a ticket and allow us to investigate with you so we can track down the problem here. Not sure there is a specific place or log to point you at. This is likely not a "user serviceable part"

Highlighted
Level 10

Re: SolarWinds Log Manager for Orion Polling Service service terminated unexpectedly

Thanks. I've got a case open. I'll PM you the case number in the event you want to keep an eye on it.