cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Log Manager Service Utilizing more memory

Hello Guyz,

Solarwinds log manager service utilizing more memory and Solarwinds responding very slowly due to that.

pastedImage_0.png

Only one node added to log analyzer but still it utilizing high memory, can someone help me to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Hello @DN  & @jvb 

Did you find a solution for this issue? I have also seen this issue on one of my environments.

Thanks,

Marcin.

0 Kudos

@kpmarcin No I didn't get any solution and I came out of that environment long back, so I didn't get a chance work on that issue further.

I will update this thread if I found anything.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

@kpmarcin I would say open a ticket with support so they can look over the diags for that particular environment and insure we get you the best solution. 

0 Kudos
Level 16

i have seen this too.. but need to observe for sometime.. will write back if i see it behaving abnormally..

Product Manager
Product Manager

Are you running the latest bits? (currently 2019.4) I am not aware of any known issues related to excessive memory usage. It might be a good idea to gather some diagnostics and open a ticket with support so they can have a look at what might be causing that.

0 Kudos

Yes I've got the latest. But I also have another case open (bounced from support to sales) about the Log Manager for Orion Polling Service crashing like it was in the Demolition Derby. Now the developers are chewing on the latest diags I've sent over, so letting that one settle. The memory issue hasn't recurred for me (yet) so without it doing so that'll be like chasing another ghost.

I just came across this post in this thread as I noticed the same service taking an extreme amount of memory for me yesterday. I restarted the service last night and all is well (so far). Was there any resolution offered by support?

0 Kudos

I didn't check with support for this one. I stopped the services for now. Since we are not using this module that much.

0 Kudos

That's what I am planning to do.

Thanks.

0 Kudos