Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 9

Log Manager Service Utilizing more memory

Hello Guyz,

Solarwinds log manager service utilizing more memory and Solarwinds responding very slowly due to that.

pastedImage_0.png

Only one node added to log analyzer but still it utilizing high memory, can someone help me to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Log Manager Service Utilizing more memory

Are you running the latest bits? (currently 2019.4) I am not aware of any known issues related to excessive memory usage. It might be a good idea to gather some diagnostics and open a ticket with support so they can have a look at what might be causing that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

That's what I am planning to do.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I just came across this post in this thread as I noticed the same service taking an extreme amount of memory for me yesterday. I restarted the service last night and all is well (so far). Was there any resolution offered by support?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I didn't check with support for this one. I stopped the services for now. Since we are not using this module that much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Yes I've got the latest. But I also have another case open (bounced from support to sales) about the Log Manager for Orion Polling Service crashing like it was in the Demolition Derby. Now the developers are chewing on the latest diags I've sent over, so letting that one settle. The memory issue hasn't recurred for me (yet) so without it doing so that'll be like chasing another ghost.

Level 16

i have seen this too.. but need to observe for sometime.. will write back if i see it behaving abnormally..