This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

question about kiwi syslog server -> log to file

dear all,

i use kiwi syslog server and have a question.

i want to setup the syslog server that it can keep a daily log ,  and syslog server automatically remove the log after a year.

can i do it?

how can i do?

thx

cyrill

• Cyrill,

You can do this and it's very customizable. You'll want to set your log-to-file action to rotate by file age and set it to one day. This will get you an individual file every day for the device(s) you are logging to that file.

You will then want to go to schedules within Kiwi and create a new scheduled action. You'll want to set the schedule to fire off daily, and I'd set it to fire off right before midnight sometime. The default scheduled task action is archive and most of the default options are ok for what you're wanting to do so the first thing you want to change is on the source tab:

pastedImage_0.png

Set the "File Age" option to "At Least" 1 year

On the Destination tab, set your options to where you want to temporarily store these files and then you're done. They will be moved from the location of your existing log files to a location you can act on as you will.

On the "Archive Options" tab, you have the option to run an external program, and that can be a batch script to delete everything in that destination folder if you want it to be. Or you can back them up somewhere and delete manually. Or even have kiwi back them up to remote storage via the Destination tab.

If you need assistance with the batch script or PowerShell if you have that installed, let me know and I can help you with that.

• Thanks a lot. I will try it on next Monday.emoticons_happy.png