This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

problem to send syslog from log forwarder to syslog server

Hello,

I try to use Syslog server but i have a small problem to configure it.

I have two computers : 192.168.1.93 (where log forwarder installed) and 192.168.1.100 (where syslog server is installed). the port 514 is open.

When I tried with the test button (or klog), the message is not receive on my syslog server the first time... I must ping the computer before and after try again the test and it's ok... do you know why ? like if it's closed the session... that's means when i have event log on my 192.168.1.93 i never receive log in my server...

Example :

Klog from my 192.168.1.93 to syslog server, we can see on wireshark that nothing transit :

Klog from my 192.168.1.93 to syslog server after a ping, we can see on wireshark that my syslog test message works... :

If i setup log forwarder in the same computer as the syslog server (localhost) => it's work.

I tried also with another computer and it's the same problem...

Have you an idea :(