This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Windows 2012 error for Kiwi Manager

Has anyone else ever run into this issue?

I'm receiving the following error whenever I try to open the Kiwi Syslog Manager (Console).

Faulting application name: Syslogd_Manager.exe, version: 9.4.0.2, time stamp: 0x54fda0df

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x043c05b8

Faulting process id: 0x780

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0b3331378b7a3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syslogd\Syslogd_Manager.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 51d9622d-1f26-11e5-80eb-0050569a06c7

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is on a fresh physical Windows 2012 server and is running as a local system service.  The service runs, collects logging, and we have web access working.  However, whenever I try to open the Kiwi Manager, it crashes.  I do have a support ticket in place but as of now, it has been sent up to the developers.  It's frustrating for the syslog catchall files because we can't filter what we want.

What's weird is that it run perfectly fine on Windows 2003 Storage Server. 

Before install i did the following:

Disabled UAC

Disabled any HIPS / HBSS so that doesn't block the install.

Set a different TMP / TEMP directory with read/write privileges.

Tried a dedicated local admin-account to run the service and tried just local system.

Any help or information in this regards would be a HUGE help.  I'm pretty stumped at the moment. emoticons_confused.png

• A few questions for you:

1. What version of 2012 and Kiwi Syslog server are you running?

2. Are you seeing any errors in the errorlog.txt file in the Syslogd directory?

3. Has Kiwi Syslog ever worked on this system?

• bkyle,

You're actually working with me on this ticket right as of now. #816768

Just wanted to go through this up here to see if anyone else has run into the same issue I'm having.

1. The version of 2012 is Storage Server 2012x64

2. Upon a fresh install, we don't have anything listed in the errorlog.txt file.

3. No, Kiwi hasn't worked on this system successfully.  It has on previous Windows platforms.

• Has anyone out there used Windows Server Storage 2012 in regards to this post?

• Just as an update to my own post.

We come to find out that we had both a hardware and software based DEP (Data Execution Prevention) preventing the program to open up successfully.

HP Proliant DL-380 G8 has a hardware based DEP built into BIOS.  Once we disabled this, we went ahead and completely shut off the services for the software based DEP as well. This resolved our issue that prevented the Kiwi Syslog Manager from opening up properly.

• Thank you for the update.