This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to login to KiwiSyslog Webaccess

Hi all !

past weekend we were unable to login to to Kiwi Syslog webaccess as a result of the follow error message:

" Session initialization error
An error occurred while initializing this session.
The session has been abandoned.

Event database initialization failure.
The database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file. [ Database name = C:\Programme\SolarWinds\Kiwi Syslog Web Access\html\App_Data\Event.sdf ] "

I have taken a look at the errorlog of Kiwi and noticed that there are three messages regarding this error:

2010-11-15 11:51:35 SolarWinds.KiwiSyslog.WebAccess.Data error: General exception. System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception. at System.Data.SqlServerCe.NativeMethods.ExecuteQueryPlan(IntPtr pTx, IntPtr pQpServices, IntPtr pQpCommand, IntPtr pQpPlan, IntPtr prgBinding, Int32 cDbBinding, IntPtr pData, Int32& recordsAffected, ResultSetOptions& cursorCapabilities, IntPtr& pSeCursor, Int32& fIsBaseTableCursor, IntPtr pError) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommandText(IntPtr& pCursor, Boolean& isBaseTableCursor) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at SolarWinds.KiwiSyslog.WebAccess.Data.Logger.KiwiSyslogEventUpdate(Object state)

2010-12-04 20:58:48 SolarWinds.KiwiSyslog.WebAccess.Data error: Unable to start component, SQL exception. System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeError: The database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file. [ Database name = C:\Programme\SolarWinds\Kiwi Syslog Web Access\html\App_Data\Event.sdf ]

2010-12-04 21:22:04 SolarWinds.KiwiSyslog.WebAccess.Data error: Unable to start component, SQL exception. System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeError: The database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file. [ Database name = C:\Programme\SolarWinds\Kiwi Syslog Web Access\html\App_Data\Event.sdf ]

I start/stopped the webserver service without any success on saturday.
This morning i tried to access the page again and I got correctly redirected to 10.x.x.x:8088/gateway.aspx.
At the moment the login is possible but I'm concerned that my database file may be corrupted!

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

• Hi Dan,

I'm not sure how the Event database has become corrupted, but you should be able to 'reset' it by replacing the Event.sdf file with Event-blank.sdf.

Procedure for doing so is as follows:

1) Stop the Kiwi Syslog Server (Service)

2) Close the Kiwi Syslog Manager

3) Stop the UltiDev Cassini Web Server (Service)

4) Rename <program files>\SolarWinds\Kiwi Syslog Web Access\html\App_Data\Event.sdf to Event.sdf.old

5) Copy <program files>\SolarWinds\Kiwi Syslog Web Access\html\App_Data\Event-blank.sdf to Event.sdf

6) Restart the UltiDev Cassini Web Server (Service)

7) Restart Kiwi Syslog Server (Service)

Kind Regards,
    Mike. 

• The best way to go about this is to run the Kiwi Syslog Server installer and do an installation repair. This way, the Syslog server and the web access would sync correctly.