This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Syslog events aren't making it to Syslog Web Access

I have installed Kiwi and set up my first device to use this new Syslog server.  I believe I am forwarding events correctly.  When I have Kiwi Syslog Service Manager open, I see activity appearring.

I originally had no events in Web Access.  I rectified that from Syslog Service Manager with File | Setup and added the action to log to Syslog Web Access.

The events from my device are not making it to Web Access.  Whenever they appear in the Service Manager, a red X icon lights up.  When I open Errorlog.txt, it says "Registered action was found in settings and disabled."

This is all fairly new to me.  Help is appreciated.

Jen

• The feature requires registration.   In the Service Manager, go to the Help menu and select "Request a 30 day trial key".   Once you receive the registration email, go back to Service Manager, Help Menu, and select Enter registration details.    After everything restarts you should be seeing the log entries.    Took me a while to figure this out as well!

• This was it.  I had received e-mails with download links for my purchased software, but I missed the extra steps of logging onto the Solarwinds portal, and activating my software to gain needed registration info.

Thanks!