This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Quickhash upgrade error - 9.4

While trying to upgrade Kiwi Syslog from 9.35 to 9.4 on a Windows Server 2012 system (and a 2008 R2 server) I got this error:

pastedImage_1.png

Any ideas?  Retry doesn't work.  If I choose Ignore, it fails on Syslogd_TaskEngine.exe,

• Wow you are riled up today ttl. I'll see if I can help though. I still had a 2008 R2 upgrade left to do and it went without a hitch. However, I do remember an error message very similar to this and it was caused by not stopping the kiwi syslogd service prior to upgrade.  Stopping the service and then hitting retry should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

• Thanks Acy. A bit riled, yes, because of what appears to be things that should not happen when software is tested well before being released.  I opened a ticket with SW and their suggestion was to stop the Kiwi Syslog service, uninstall the software, then run the new version install. This didn't work either; the only thing that worked was moving the two files I mentioned out of the \Syslogd directory before running the install. This issue happened on 3 of the 4 servers I upgraded this morning (one 2012 server and two 2008 R2 servers) so I'd be a bit surprised if I'm the only one experiencing this.

• That's odd, I wonder what was using those two .dll files if the service was stopped. It also seems strange that uninstalling did not resolve the problem. I installed the beta 4 or 5 times and I installed the RC twice, and the official release twice and did not run into this issue. Granted I've only got two sites and only one is running 2008, but I did not run into the same problems you are having. In fact, I only came across one issue related to the install and it was minor.

I do wish I could get away without the web access, but I'm the only qualified DBA in the company and the typical response I get when I bring up SQL is "what movie are you talking about?" So if I don't want to be the ONLY one reviewing/analyzing/trending/troubleshooting log files, I have to make it easy for others to access them and that's where I use the web access.

EDIT: You should consider signing up to beta next time. With the number of installs you have, it might be worth your time to help ensure problems like these are resolved. And you know what they say... If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate...

Message was edited by: Acy Forsythe