This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Questions about Syslog server as an Enterprise Solution

I am currently evaluating Kiwi syslog to replace our Orion syslog as a viable syslog solution for our network devices. I am thinking we would have several standalone installations around our network to collect logs. I want to utilize the Web Console for ease of locating and searching log files. I also see that Kiwi can log to a SQL database which I would like to utilize due to our security requirements on log retention.  However, it looks like the Web Console uses a separate db/flat file locally on the Kiwi server to log to. I don't want to log to multiple locations and waste drive space. I could see us storing 300GBs of syslogs easily. I would like to have our syslogs archived after xx months but also want to be able to view old logs somehow if requested by security.

I do not see how to customize the database/file that the web console uses. Is this a file or DB? If a db what kind? Can you force the web console to use the SQL server?

Support tells me that kiwi is only limited to disk space but I want to know how scalable it really is. Will you start having performance problems after 50g of syslogs etc?