Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rlehman704
Level 7

Promo Download

Jump to solution

I just downloaded the free 14 day trial of the syslog server yesterday.  I am having one small problem in viewing this software.  When I try to log on to the web access service, I am denied, and I know I am not typing in the wrong username or password.  I have an approx. 8-12 length character password, and after entering it, the password line writes in its own characters.  What I mean is that instead of the 8-12 length character password being entered, the screen freezes, makes the password some 30 characters long, and then denies me.  Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
cvachovecj
Level 18

Re: Promo Download

Jump to solution

Hi,

The Kiwi Web Access (KWA) encrypts the password before sending it to the server. That is the reason, why you see the password length gets increased.

Our engineering team advises to reinstall the KWA with new user name and password. (You can get the KWA setup from KSS application folder\Setup.) Then use that user name and password.

Please let me know whether it helped.

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos
rlehman704
Level 7

Jump to solution

Jiri,

Re-installing with a new ID resolved the problem.

Thank you,

Rubin

0 Kudos
cvachovecj
Level 18

Jump to solution

I'm really glad to hear that.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.

Jiri

0 Kudos
rlehman704
Level 7

Jump to solution

Jiri,

Now that I have tested your program successfully, I would like to turn it off for now so that it frees up my port so that my server can still log for the interim on my current logging system. How do I go about doing this?

Thank you,

Rubin

0 Kudos
cvachovecj
Level 18

Jump to solution

Rubin,

Kiwi Syslog can be installed in two modes -- as an application or as Windows service.

If you installed it as application, then simply close it.

If you installed it as Windows service, then stop / disable the service (called Kiwi Syslog Server).

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos
rlehman704
Level 7

Jump to solution

Jiri,

Sorry to bother you again, but I am on a short deadline to find a syslog system. Looking at your specs, I have found really good benefits to your product. However, I have one question in particular. For your setting that asks for a min. count of messages, it asks for a minimum threshold that wasn’t reached each hour. Is there a way to change that minimum to a per day/per week threshold?

Thank you,

Rubin

0 Kudos
cvachovecj
Level 18

Jump to solution

Rubin,

I'm ready to help you but I'm not sure what threshold you are talking about. Could you e.g. attach a screenshot?

Thanks,

Jiri

0 Kudos
rlehman704
Level 7

Jump to solution

Jiri,

The picture refers to the issue that I was referring to in yesterday’s email. The minimum threshold is set per/hr. and doesn’t, at least at first glance, have an option to be changed. Additionally, after further investigation, I saw that the logs are placed in a notepad, which is great. What concerns me about this is that all the logs, from multiple servers and devices, are all lumped into this one notepad file. Is there a way that they can be separated so that each device’s log can be placed in its own notepad file and on this more individual basis the email notification will run. My goal with all of this is to be alerted when an individual device of mine has not reached a minimum log that I have set.

Some possible solutions that I was thinking about on my end was to script over it so that we can parse the notepad into separate files ourselves. Or we would place in a SQL database, if this is at all possible (another curiosity of mine).

Thank you,

Rubin

0 Kudos
Aforsythe
Level 13

Jump to solution

Rubin,

That threshold is only hourly, but one of the nice things about KSS is that it has a built in script engine. So you can use that, or even just use rules and filters if you don't have too many DevIces. I can help you with a script to set a per/device threshold if that's what you need. But I already have a script to alert you of a device that hasn't sent a message within your specified time-frame.

As to your second question, it's possible to script your logs into different files or even into SQL. But another great thing about KSS is that you don't have to. You can configure it to send different devices into different files, archive logs, and even log to an external SQL database or other ODBC database without having to parse the log or write any scripts.

Acy

0 Kudos