This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

List of Devices

I have scanned the forums and I haven't stumbled upon any information regarding my question.

Is there a way to determine which devices are sending logs to the Kiwi Syslog Server?

Our maintenance ended already and I was assigned to this task of assessing our syslog server. I am trying to get information on how long the logs were retained and what devices are sending those. I have explored both the web access and server console to no avail.

Appreciate the help.

• I create a rule to log by hostname.  Add an action to 'Log to File' add your file path and then use the 'Insert Autosplit value' link to select the Hostname variable. You can also do this manually by adding %Hostname to your file name or path.

If you want to keep the log entries set a suitable log rotation.  To just see the last time a host checked in set the total number of files to 1 and the max log file size to 2 or 3k.  That will only keep a few log entries before rotating and you will always have one file per host with the latest update time.

• Thanks for the help, I tried this and it works. However, there seems to be no details of which devices are sending. I saw two server hostnames and IP addresses on the diagnostic logs. However, I'm not sure if these are the devices configured to send logs to Kiwi as I am fairly new to this system.