This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Kiwi not forwarding to Solarwinds server

I have configured kiwi to forward certain syslog messages to our SW server, but they never arrive.  If I select the test option, this arrives on the SW server, so I know the rule is working.  I can only assume it is the filter, but Ive tried all combinations in an attempt to forward a message, but never see any.  Rather than trying to select a specific meagre, how could I forward all syslog messages to SW?

• If you haven't done so add a logging action or display action to the rule.  This will help determine what the filter is matching.

What is your filter doing?  Can you make it less specific and see what happens?  For example, if you are looking for a specific hostname AND a message text string disable the text string and see if the hostname starts logging.

• Building on what kstone said, you can also add a display action, and specify an unused display.  You can uncheck your filter, and you should see syslogs coming into the selected display.  Once they show up in the display, you should see them on the SW server.

• I am having this same issue. I added a display action and do see the message in the display, but it still is not being sent to SW. I can send test messages though. I have a capture running and can see the test message sent, but there is no attempt to send the actual syslog that is matched by the filter.

• Can you post a screenshot of the action settings?