Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Kiwi Syslogd_Service.exe stopping unexpectantly

Jump to solution

we are experiencing the below events:

Event ID: 1000

Faulting application name: Syslogd_Service.exe, version: 9.6.3.3, time stamp: 0x5a0da76b

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000096

Fault offset: 0x065685f4

Faulting process id: 0x%9

Faulting application start time: 0x%10

Faulting application path: %11

Faulting module path: %12

Report Id: %13

Faulting package full name: %14

Faulting package-relative application ID: %15

Event ID: 1026

Application: Syslogd_Service.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000096, exception address 065685F4

Stack:

the service can be manually started successfully, however it stops with the above errors on a seemingly random basis (at least once a day).

EDIT 17:38 19/04/18 - I discovered that the service fails when a scheduled job (to archive) the syslog files is activated - but not when manually ran.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

I would suggest that logs be stored locally then scheduled to be moved and compressed.  Losing the network share can cause any number of issues, as you've experienced, including the loss of messages. 

We have our logs rotate when they reach 250mb then have task that runs every 15 minutes to compress the rotated files.  Each night we then move that days files to network storage for archiving.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 7

I've discovered that if the log file location is stored on a network share then the scheduled task to compress it will fail and stop the services.  For the moment the number of messages is so small as to not need to be compressed, and if required I will manually compress it.  I believe that as I've found a workaround this question can now be closed,

0 Kudos

I would suggest that logs be stored locally then scheduled to be moved and compressed.  Losing the network share can cause any number of issues, as you've experienced, including the loss of messages. 

We have our logs rotate when they reach 250mb then have task that runs every 15 minutes to compress the rotated files.  Each night we then move that days files to network storage for archiving.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 16

Mine stops when the volume of messages gets too high.

Here are a couple of things to try. In the Kiwi Console go to 'Email'

pastedImage_1.png

Then set this up:

pastedImage_0.png

This will give you a daily log of whats going on.

Also set up these:

pastedImage_2.png

There is also the 'View Syslog Statistics under the 'View' menu

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
Level 15

What is the volume of syslog messages that you guys have coming in?

0 Kudos
Level 12

Are there any messages being recorded in the Kiwi error log?  Look at C:\program files (x86)\syslogd\ErrorLog.txt.

0 Kudos

I have this same issue with Kiwi service keeps stopping unexpectedly.  My log says:

2018-05-01 00:00:05 *** INTERNAL PROGRAM ERROR - Please contact http://www.kiwisyslog.com/support/ ***

2018-05-01 00:00:05 Service Version =9.6.3.3 | Error Number: 429 | Description: ActiveX component can't create object | Module Name: ProxyScheduleArchiver.cls | Procedure Name: Class_Initialize | Line Number: 10 | Date and time: 5/1/2018 12:00:05 AM

0 Kudos