This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Kiwi Syslog server - Archive task does not run on a schedule

I am running Kiwi Syslog server 9.4.1 and I have created an archive task to copy all messages to a file share every 5 minutes.  When I click the Run Now button it works but when I leave it to run, it does not run.  I have confirmed that the archive task is enabled.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Andy

• By default, Service version is logged in using the "LocalSystem" account. This account is different to a user account you may be accessing the machine running Syslog with.  It does not know about any mapped drives that are defined and are accessible by your user account.

To fix the issue, you may try to consider the following:

1. Give Syslog Service a domain account that has access to share and directory being shared.

-from Windows services.msc, right click on Syslog service>Properties>Log On

2. Give Syslog a UNC path to share (\\server\sharename\dir\), not a map drive (x:\dir). Services don't see map drives.

• Thank you very much for the quick response!  This resolved the issue!  I am able to copy files over on a schedule without issue now.

Andy