This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Kiwi Syslog - Windows Server 2008 Compatibility

FormerMember
FormerMember

Does version 8.3.48 work on Windows Server 2008?

Kiwi Syslog installed in application mode with out error.

I am trying to get a test message, but the 'Test' button is greyed out even if I enter 127.0.01 as the IP address.  I wonder is this my error or an incompatibility problem.

Guy Thomas.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Replying to my own question!

The Test button is still greyed out, but I can now generate test messages via the file menu.

Better news, I installed Snare for Windows, the benefit is that I can test the product without needing a router.

Finally, to confirm that Kiwi Syslog does work on Windows Server 2008 (even the 64-bit version).

Guy.

• We love it when people answer their own questions ;-)   Thanks for the confirmation on Windows 2008, but just to be clear, we don't officially support this configuration.  We still need to run a full test on Windows 2008.   If you find any Windows 2008 interoperability issues, please post them in this forum.