This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Kiwi Syslog Service Manager could not receive log from Solarwinds Log Forwarder

Server OS: Windows server 2016

Client OS: Windows 10 pro build 1511

Kiwi syslog service manager: Licensed 9.6

Kiwi syslog message generator: v2.2

Solarwinds event log forwarder: v1.2

Firewall status: both server and client are off.

I'm trying to use Solarwinds event log forwarder to forward client's event logs to server's syslog manager through TCP, but nothing shows up (Ports and IP address are done correctly). Activating license was my last resort, but result doesn't change.

I then tried using Kiwi syslog message generator, message finally received by syslog manager but after every one message was sent, TCP connection is constantly being cut off. Tried sending messages using UDP too, turns out UDP does nothing at all, no message no nothing (Again, ports are fine).  Tried this method Kiwi Syslog Server service is halting regularly - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support , doesn't work. Tried reinstalling syslog manager, no luck.

I tried to install Splunk on the server pc, and I managed to connect successfully with client's pc through TCP, which means there were no issues with the ports and connection.

Any help would be appreciated!