This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Kiwi Syslog 9.5 Release Candidate is now Available!

The Release Candidate for Kiwi Syslog Server 9.5 is now ready! The new Kiwi Syslog version is packed with great new features and improvements. RC is the last step before general availability, and it is a chance for existing customers to get the newest functionality before it is available to everyone else. You can download it from the LATEST DOWNLOADS FOR YOUR PRODUCTS section of the customer portal. Change filter to "Release Candidate" and click on download button next to Kiwi Syslog RC version.

This release contains various improvements such as

• SNMP v3 Trap support
  • SNMP Trap Forwarding
  • Trap fields to VarBinds Elements in Output
  • Logging to Papertrail cloud
  • IPv6 Support
  • Statistics email reports based on different interval
  • Ability to create more than five web console users

RC builds are made available to existing customers prior to the formal release. These are used to get customer feedback in production environments and are fully supported. If you have any questions I encourage you to leverage the KSS forum on thwack.

Now go and download new version now!

• There are a lot of great new features in this release.

• ‌just for the trap features it's should rename the release to cool 10.

• Have installed 9.5 RC. Export Settings to INI is file incomplete.If we Export Settings to INI file from File menu,incomplete settings r exported to the INI file. If we go to Setup by clicking red tick icon (where we configure rules) & go to 2nd last item 'Defaults/Import/Export' & take an export of settings & rules in INI file, the INI file exported is correct.The same problem was in earlier version of 9.4.1.

• Try running the GA version when it shows up in your portal.

• To follow up on my other post, How many rules do you have in Kiwi Syslog server?

• We've been having problems getting kiwi syslog server to start under windows server 2012 R2.  EMET won't allow the service to start.  Has anyone gotten this to work under windows server 2012 R2?  This is a serious problem for us.  One of my partners has a case 999667 open on this now.  Since most of our logging depends on the kiwi syslog server we are working on projects that require this functionality and auditors aren't going to like this not working.

• I have been having the same issue with syslog server on server 2012 R2 since last week. I have been trying to install v9.5.2 (as RC 9.6 wasn't out yet) and the install would get to the point of starting the syslog server service only to fail every time. It kept telling me to install the service using a member of the administrators group. I installed it using the Local System account. The manger.exe and service.exe files were on the machine but the service would never start. After reading your post, I went into EMET and added those two .exe applications for exceptions. I disabled all mitigations for the two and then re-ran the installer for syslog. Everything installed fine and the service started up allowing me to open the manager. I will have to mess with the mitigations to see if there is a specific one that will allow the service to run. Try this out and see if it allows you to install kiwi.

• I just installed the RC yesterday. The only problem I have and I have already submitted a ticket on it, is the Hostnames are showing up as 0.0.0.0 instead of the actual hostname or IP address. In case SolarWinds needs to know, theCase # 1118924.

• I have it installed on 2012 R2 with no issues. Services start fine. I had to make sure that I installed it as an Administrator, and that I check the properties of the install file to make sure it was not blocked.

• Engineering team is aware of this "0.0.0.0" issue. KSS 9.6 RTM will have it fixed.