This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to create Service Now Ticket using Kiwi Syslog Server or LEM ?

Hi,

We are looking into installing Kiwi Syslog Server or LEM for our log monitoring needs.

Currently comparing Kiwi Syslog Server and LEM and trying to find if one or both of them has feature that helps us to create service now ticket when we receive certain logs. We'd appreciate any information on this.

Regards,

Manish

• Hello,

I am not sure if this was answered, as I am not finding a direct integration from the Kiwi Syslog to ServiceNow.  The question is asking, "Can you bypass Solarwinds and integrate directly into ServiceNow?"  I do not want to send the information directly into the Orion platform, but would rather it go directly to the ServiceNow platform.

Thank you

Déona R.

• The easiest approach to create a ServiceNow ticket based on log data is via Log Manager for Orion (LM). LM includes the ability to generate an Orion alert and avail of all the Orion alert actions, including Create a ServiceNow Incident.  If you already have Kiwi in place, you can set up a forwarding rule to forward certain logs to LM in order to generate an alert (or just send the logs directly to LM).

• Hello,

Log Manager is an additional license purchase, if I am correct?  So, the answer is there is no way to bypass and go directly to Service Now?  You can to utilize a Solarwinds product, to actually get the integration to work correctly?

Thank you

Dé Reid

• deonaanne72​,

There is no Kiwi integration into ServiceNow. Kiwi can send an email and ServiceNow can create a ticket from email, but that's not always the best workaround. Kiwi does contain a scripting engine that can execute VBscript and you could possibly build your own integration to ServiceNow's API. Those are really your only two options with Kiwi.