This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to configure the devices to collect? /?

How to configure the devices to collect? ?

to what each item setup kiwi.??

• You don't have to configure anything within Kiwi to collect data. Each device needs to be individually configured within the device itself to syslog.

Depending on how many devices and how much information you are logging, you will probably want to setup a seperate display and log-file rotation for each device, but even that's not needed if all you are going to do is collect data for a device or two.

• I put on several devices but it only shows one.

How do I monitor guy to show up to one device.

• If you're asking how to setup different displays for them, just create a new rule as a copy of the default rule. Add a filter for each device rule, I will filter by IP address when I want to seperate each device, then set a different display number for each rule.

If the problem is that you're only seeing one device in the display and you have multiple devices configured, then based on your screenshot, you're not filtering anything so my first guess would be that those device messages are not reaching kiwi.

First, I would check your statistics..

statistics button.bmp

On this tab:

top20.bmp

Do you see your devices listed?

If you do not, then they have not been sending any messages to the server. If they have been configured, it's possible that maybe they just haven't sent any messages?