cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
desuka
Level 7

Forwarding SharePoint logs to Kiwi Syslog Server

I am using SolarWinds Event Log Forwarder to forward mainly security and application logs from different server to a Kiwi Syslog Server (v9.5)

Management flagged out to me that one of the server which stored Microsoft SharePoint logs is full and discuss on forwarding SharePoint logs to the Syslog Server.

I am not getting much success using the Event Log Forwarder as the logs forwarded are unrelated so I suspect that the configuration needs to be done on the SharePoint itself to forward the logs. I have no experience with SharePoint

Anybody with experience with SharePoint that is able to help me on how to forward logs to the Syslog Server will be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
kstone
Level 12

Re: Forwarding SharePoint logs to Kiwi Syslog Server

I'm not a Sharepoint expert but I don't believe it puts logs into the Event Logs.  The Solarwinds Log Forwarder can only read the event logs.  To forward disk based logs you need an agent like NXlog(https://nxlog.co).

I'd also verify the logging configuration on the Sharepoint server - Configure diagnostic logging in SharePoint Server | Microsoft Docs

0 Kudos