This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Request Email Digest - Any interest in a script to do this?

If there is enough interest in this feature request ( )...

I could write a script to store, retrieve and email this information on a periodic, possibly configurable basis. It would require some hard drive space depending on the number of hosts

The collection script would need to be in a rule that processes all of the hosts you'd want to collect data on and only for level 3 or lower (your preference obviously but setting this any higher than 4 may create performance problems).

For example, this could generate a report via email every day that lists your hosts and the level 3 or lower messages received for those hosts during the last 24 hours. Report frequency could be configurable, but I think I would limit data collection to last 24 hours.

Just a thought, I'm toying around with the idea of creating this for myself, but I don't have a serious enough need to really invest a lot of time into it. If it's something enough people want, I would up the priority a bit just to get it out there.