This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

vty username and password to connect cisco router

Hi to all, i just started to use CatTools and i have a problem to access a cisco router using a vty connection.

I tried to read the guide but i was no able to try the answer. I did not understand where to set the vty username and password in CatTools tab in oredr to get access to router. Thanks a lot,

regards Fabio.

• Hi Fabio,

If you are connecting with:

• set the SSH Username and SSH Password fields in the 'Passwords' tab with your SSH credentials.

If you are connecting with Telnet:

• if your device responds with just a password prompt only; set the VTY Password field in the 'Passwords' tab only.
    • if your device responds with username and then password; set the AAA Username and AAA Password fields in the 'Passwords' tab.

Please note:  Generally there is no need to set any of the fields in the 'Prompts' tab.  By default the CatTools device scripts should work out-the-box without adding any data in the Prompts fields.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Steve

• Thanks Steve, I tried the AAA tag but I set just the Username AAA Tag no the password field.

Now, set both AAA fields all works fine. Great product CatTool and now i'm starting to discovery and using the script functions. Thanks for your time,

ciao Fabio.