This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using CATTools to compare golden config to running config

Hello. I am new to solarwinds, but I tried working with tech Support and they arent very helpful. Im looking to create a custom activity that compares a golden config (for a specific router) to a router's running config. I am not a script genius whatsoever, so I am trying to fumble my way through this as best as possible. Once I reach the main function on a "Main.Custom.Compare.Golden.Config.txt" file in "scripts" directory, I am instantly lost. I dont know the first thing about coding. So with that said, maybe someone on here already has a custom activity I can "plagiarize". All, Im looking to do is have an activity pull a running config from a router, compare it to a static config (saved somewhere on the server C: drive) and if there is a difference, email an HTML file as an attachment (very similar to the backup.running.config "canned" activity already in place on CATTools. Any help would be greatly appreciated.