cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

UCS 6200 Fabric Interconnect Switches and Dell Force 10MXL with Cattools

Jump to solution

Has anyone been able to successfully back up UCS 6200 F/I  or Delll Force 10MXL switches using cattools?

If so, would it be possible to share the configuration that was used.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 15

I would look for a device that uses a similar cli. The Device.Backup.Running Config should only log in and run some type of show command. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 15

A capture file should show you all communication between the CatTools system, and your device.

0 Kudos
Level 15

I would look for a device that uses a similar cli. The Device.Backup.Running Config should only log in and run some type of show command. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

That worked thanks. I wish we could see what exactly the canned templates were doing, but understand that competitors could easily use that information for their product.

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos
Level 15

Dan,

Use the CatTools File menu to select the "Enable capture mode" option.  This will create a capture file in the Cattools3\debug folder.  This will show you all communication between CatTools and your device.  After your troubleshooting is done, don't forget to disable capture mode.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. What should I use as a template when running the debug ? I'm just worried that If I chose the wrong template, that something could happen on the switch.

0 Kudos