Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Sonicwall.Firewall backup

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm bothering you again.

I was trying to add a SonicWall Firewall in my "Deault" group for kiwi and looking for an answer I went to this

I download the script that Scott nicely provided, add the *.ini and script files to the appropriated folders of my application (C:\Program Files\CatTools3\), restart the application but still I can add a SonicWall for device type.

Did I miss a step?

Thankz

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 14

Could be one of two things:

1) normally a new device .ini file will not appear in the device types list until the application is restarted, but you say you have done that.  Maybe try restart the CatTools service too, then the UI manager again.

2) the ID of the devices script may already be in use.  Try opening the .ini file in a text editor and change the ID to something different (maybe use an ID from within the custom device script range - i.e. between 4000 and 4999).  Then restart the service and UI again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 14

Could be one of two things:

1) normally a new device .ini file will not appear in the device types list until the application is restarted, but you say you have done that.  Maybe try restart the CatTools service too, then the UI manager again.

2) the ID of the devices script may already be in use.  Try opening the .ini file in a text editor and change the ID to something different (maybe use an ID from within the custom device script range - i.e. between 4000 and 4999).  Then restart the service and UI again.

View solution in original post

Sorry for the BIG BIG delay Spartacus, I wasn't able to check this my bad.

but yeah you were right! changing the ID do the job.

Thankz again!

0 Kudos

Hey, no worries.  Glad my suggestion helped!

Thanks for posting back with an update to let the forum know.

0 Kudos