This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Some....Configs are unreadable html

This doesn't make any sense to me but going into the folder where the config's are stored at I've notice that some of the config's are just a bunch of html and are unreadable? Any suggestions?

d align=center width=2% bgColor=#CCCCCC>418</td>
<td width=48% style="border-right: 1px #3399CC solid;"> end</td>
<td width=48%> end</td>
<td align=center width=2% bgColor=#CCCCCC>438</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align=center width=2% bgColor=#CCCCCC>419</td>
<td width=48% style="border-right: 1px #3399CC solid;">  </td>
<td width=48%> </td>
<td align=center width=2% bgColor=#CCCCCC>439</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align=center width=2% bgColor=#CCCCCC>420</td>
<td width=48%> </td>
<td align=center width=2% bgColor=#CCCCCC>440</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align=center width=2% bgColor=#CCCCCC>421</td>
<td width=48%> </td>
<td align=center width=2% bgColor=#CCCCCC>441</td>
</tr>
</table></td></tr></table>
</body></html>

• Hi Hooplaaa,

That does indeed seem odd.

What devices is this for?

And What device script are you using for those devices?

Regards,

Wardini

• I run the Device.Backup.Running Config without any extra parameters. I don't have any errors that are associated with the back up themselves, but when I go into C:\Program Files\CatTools3\Configs and open various config's I have 116 devices loaded into Kiwi. Mostly all are Cisco switches. Out of the 70 I looked at about 49 of the are showing html crap. Device included 3560, 3560G, 5500, 2900, MSFC, 3750, 2950, 4500, and a couple others

• Hi Hooplaaa,

For one of the switches that's failing can you try the following please;

Delete the existing backed up config file.

Create a backup activity to run against just that device and see if it still produces the duff file. If so turn on debugging, File|Enable Capture Mode, and run the activity again, then post the debug file generated and the relevant section of the infolog back here. Ensure to *** out any sensitive data.

Regards,

Wardini

• Well I determined the issue's on 2 device's I assume it will resolve the rest of them. I had 2 3750's which were noted to 3560 in the model section of the device information. Looks like I have some clean up to do....

• Hi Hooplaaa,

Thanks for the update but I'm not sure that would be the issue. The model numbers are used just for reference and so shouldn't really effect the way the script runs. If you have any further update please let me know as this is a bit of a strange one.

Thanks,

Wardini