cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Send CLI Commands Aruba S2500

Jump to solution

I have downloaded and installed the trial version of KiwiCat Tools so that I can evaluate the tool and eventually get the software approved for purchasing at my office.  I have imported all of our Aruba S2500 switches and would like to create a few activities.  I have been able to use the build in activities to backup configurations and have also set up a few Send CLI commands activities to gather image versions and upgrade a switch via TFTP.  What I am having trouble with is send CLI commands to change mgmt-user accounts.  It returns error messages about not receiving a response.  I have tried typing the commands in my SSH session and each line works.  I must be doing something simple wrong but hopefully another eye or someones input could help me in the right direction. Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 11

Normally when commands are sent out, CatTools will wait for an echo of that command before proceeding. Some commands, however, will not produce an echo and so the Send CLI Command activity will fail at this  point. Try to add %ctUM: EchoOff before your list of commands and see if it helps.

More on this can be found here:

SolarWinds CatTools

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 11

Normally when commands are sent out, CatTools will wait for an echo of that command before proceeding. Some commands, however, will not produce an echo and so the Send CLI Command activity will fail at this  point. Try to add %ctUM: EchoOff before your list of commands and see if it helps.

More on this can be found here:

SolarWinds CatTools

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have tried the EchoOff and it seemed to do the trick.  I can give my forehead a break as banging it on the desk was starting to hurt. 

I am glad to know that it helps. I feel really sorry for the desk LOL

0 Kudos