This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NVRAM was in use

Hi,

when i am trying to backuo my cico swicth using kiwi cattools, i am getting "NVRAM was in use" error. what could be the issue? this was working fine sometime back.

Thanks,

Sridhar

• Hi Sridhar,

Can you confirm that you are running the Device.Backup.RunningConfig activity and that you are using the activity defaults (i.e. you are not overriding the default 'show running' command with something else in the Use alternate command option in the activity setup (Options tab)?

Steve

• yes, i am using Device.Backup.RunningConfig activity to backup the router. this activity contains 10 more routers which are getting backed up, but this particular router is not getting backed up. i can confirm the Use alternate command option in the activity is not selected.

• Hi Sridhar,

I checked the CatTools device script code for that activity and your device is responding with:

"Non-Volatile memory is in use"

...when CatTools sends the show running command.

Try running the show running command manually from within a Telnet/SSH session using (say) PuTTY and you'll see this.

As to why its being caused, I cannot say for certain as this is a device problem and not CatTools, so something you will need to investigate on this device.

Regards,

Steve